Anne Hevener pure PASTEL Art Concepts in Painting


Pure Pastel compiled and edited by Anne Hevener was a delight from cover to cover! The examples used to showcase Color and Light, Composition and Design, Mood and Atmosphere, Style and Expression, Concept and Story are beautiful. As I read the artist statements for each piece the mood of the paintings were easily understood. There is a story for each style and design. The use of color and composition creates a depth to the works.
Even though most my my art time is spent  with a Nikon, I was curious as to the principles of light and depth of space to help improve the images I take of still life and landscapes.  If you are thinking of working with pastels, do not hesitate to preuse this book and be inspired!
Publication Date April 8, 2019
Thank you to NetGalley and the Publisher for the opportunity to read and review this book.
______________________________________

Art Images by Diane Lochala-All Rights Reserved

Comments