Terri Blackstock Catching Christmas Family Holiday Comfort


Catching Christmas by author Terri Blackstock is one of the most heart-touching Christmas stories I have ever read. Yes, I have been sobbing but also smiling. I love the character of Finn! He has so much character, wit, and a bit of sarcasm. He is a cab driver who is trying to make up money which was stolen during a robbery just so he will be able to pay his rent. During the Christmas season, he receives a call from the dispatcher to pick up Callie Beecher for a ride to her doctor's appointment. As the scenes progress, Finn gets a lot more than he bargained for when answering that cal!
Sydney is a young lawyer who is working day and night trying to keep her job during a time of layoffs at her firm. She is given a ridiculous case to clear a rich young offender who had driven his car into the local Burger King. He wants to sue the college because he was drunk and then Burger King. Sydney knows it is a hopeless case but her boss and the wealthy client have given her an ultimatum, win the case or you are fired. Sydney is worried about her grandmother and hopes she makes it to her doctor's appointment on time.
Now the story really gets interesting! I won't post spoilers, but I loved this book! I hope no one will feel offended if I add a personal observation. It is the day after Christmas and I have been sneaking away from family to cry every few hours. My sweet mother, eighty-eight years old, died a few weeks ago. I am heartbroken, I miss her voice. I have to believe that she is celebrating with Jesus and singing with joy today. As I read this story, I did not know if I could finish it, because my tears won't stop. But now, as I have finished the story, I feel a bit of comfort. Reading about Miss Callie reminded me of the hope my mother always had and her pure joy in the positive possibilities of the people she would meet.  Merry Christmas!
____________________________________

Art Images and Photographs by Diane Lochala-All Rights Reserved

"Merry Christmas in Heaven, Mother"

Comments