Reading is Very Good for you!!







It is New Years Eve 2018 and I was looking at my book reading stats at Goodreads. I know I read more books than those I posted reviews for, and those I listed on Goodreads. I also read a devotion and my KJV Bible.
I had read an article written by Bryon Thomas for the NYT in 2016. An excerpt is as follows:

"Reading books is tied to a longer life, according to a new report. Researchers used data on 3,635 people over 50 participating in a larger health study who had answered questions about reading. The scientists divided the sample into three groups: those who read no books, those who read books up to three and a half hours a week, and those who read books more than three and a half hours... "People who report as little as a half-hour a day of book reading had a significant survival advantage over those who did not read,” said the senior author, Becca R. Levy, a professor of epidemiology at Yale. “And the survival advantage remained after adjusting for wealth, education, cognitive ability and many other variables.”


A very interesting study!
Happy New Year and let's find more great books in 2019!

Comments