C.W. Lockhart Blanket of Stars Thru-Hiking the Camino De Santiago Awesome!!


Blanket of Stars by author C.W. Lockhart makes me want to experience the pilgrimage of the Way or the Camino de Santiago. I loved reading this book and reread parts of it twice. The author conveys the emotions, pain, joy, and internal conflicts as if you are beside her on this pilgrimage. The author decides to make the struggle to take back her life which has been placed on hold due to Ménière disease and agoraphobia. People who have never had to battle agoraphobia have no idea how debilitating this condition can be and how it varies in each flare-up. I could identify with Lockhart through her disappointment in living a life on the couch for several months.
If you have ever wanted to take a meaningful extended hike to challenge yourself, please read this book! I could almost feel the sting of the blisters, the heat, and dust of the trail, and the ache from the bicycle seat. OUCH! When Lockhart confronts her memories of rape by a person in authority over her life, I was so appalled! I wanted to scream for her as she remembers the deception and cruelty.
A very beautifully written book which encourages me to get up and walk as far as I can in my own state and to make my own small pilgrimage toward inner peace!


__________________________
Photographs by Diane Lochala-All Rights Reserved

"Hiking Ancient Paths"

Comments