Steve Jackson Tom McCallum Saving Annie True Crime Rhonda Casto

Saving Annie by authors Steve Jackson with Tom McCallum is written in several parts about the true accounting of the death of Rhonda Casto from a fall while hiking in Oregon with her boyfriend Stephen Nichols. This is a heartbreaking tragedy and even if Stephen Nichols did not mean to push Rhonda over the cliff, his actions of seduction and statutory rape of Rhonda's sister makes me detest him. According to the author's information about Nichols, he obviously had criminal motives. Also, the insurance agent was negligent and made some major mistakes when pushing for approval of the 1.4 million dollar policy on Rhonda's life!
This first installment is about the fall and immediate interviews by police. This part is short and some of the information is repeated. It is written well and had me so interested in the story, until after I read Part One: The Fall I looked up all the information I could find online about this case. That is the reason I would caution the authors about dividing a true crime story into separate books. Once I followed all of the links and 48-hour news accounts, I didn't feel the need to read the following books by this author.  I'm sorry, but that is an honest observation. If possible, consider publishing as a complete book in order to preserve your writing and following.
The book cover is beautiful!
______________________________________
Art Images and Photographs by Diane Lochala-All Rights Reserved


"Tears of Three Sisters"

Comments