Tosca Lee The Line Between Suspensful Wide Spread Panic and Doomsday Cult FEAR


The Line Between by author Tosca Lee is another not to be missed book! The subject matter grabbed my heart and I cried as I read The Line Between. I will add the reason for my extreme personal reaction at the end of this review.
Wynter Roth is a teenager who is excommunicated from a group of religious survivalists called the New Earth. The group is lead by a very charismatic leader, Magnus. Wynter's sister is married to Magnus and now Jaclyn and her child are left inside this enclave of fanatics who believe the outside world is pure evil and environmental catastrophes are a punishment from God.  Of course, when a viral outbreak of dementia sweeps across the prairie states chaos runs rampant. Was the preaching of Magnus true and the evil of the world is bringing about judgment from God?  Or is this an unavoidable outbreak such as history across the world has seen over the centuries? Wonderful storytelling at it's best! I could not help but cheer for Wynter!
Personal Note: I know exactly how a religious cult can rob free thinking people of the ability to make their own decisions and be threatened with fearful consequences if you don't follow the words or rules of the leader. Yes, at age 16-19, in the early 1970's, I was following a cult leader who kept all the people in line and following rigid rules, withdrawing from my family and avoiding any association with "the outside world"  through FEAR. This book by Tosca Lee brought back so many painful memories, but I could not put it down, because it was as if she had taken a few chapters from my early life. I'm so thankful I was put out of the congregation for questioning the Rules!!
Publication Date: January 29, 2019
Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for the opportunity to read and review this book.

_______________________________


"Thank You God... for Sunny Days!"

Comments