Geninne's Art: Birds in Watercolor, Collage, and Ink by author Geninne D. Zlatkis BEAUTIFULLY Informative!


Geninne's Art: Birds in Watercolor, Collage, and Ink by author Geninne D. Zlatkis is wonderful! I thoroughly enjoyed reading about her techniques, seeing pictures of her studio, and looking at her pictures. Geninne tells about her love of observing birds and using this inspiration for her watercolor art images. The varied landscapes she paints within the body of other animals, such as the hare, with the ravens and cactus is a brilliant design idea.
Her photography has an artistic point of view, even for everyday items we may overlook because they have become familiar. The author encourages the reader to look again with a new perspective. I loved the tip about getting macro effect pictures of items in the garden by using a magnifying glass next to the camera lens.
After reading this book and seeing the author's pictures and drawings, I am inspired to try watercolors again! I take many nature pictures with my Nikon each week, and now I feel confident I can use some of these pictures of birds in nature to improve my sketches and watercolors. Using the small grid graph paper for sketches and filling in detail is such a neat design tool.
The beautiful array of colors which are used with fun imagination in Geninne' s art made me smile. They are happy pictures and collages of small treasures found in nature. I love the bird feathers! The collection of collage papers in the back are beautiful.
This is one of my favorite graphic art books I have read and studied in the past two years.
___________________________________________

Art Images and Photographs by Diane Lochala-All Rights Reserved






Comments