Author Kellie Snider, Turning Fierce Dogs Friendly...Jan 9th.. For Dog Lovers who care...

Turning Fierce Dogs Friendly by author Kellie Snider is very timely and needed for animal lovers who care about rescue dogs. She is not writing exclusively about rescues, but that is the reason I felt drawn to read this book. It is possible the techniques explained in this book will help save the lives of some troubled dogs from euthanasia. The author describes the very real decisions facing animal services when presented with a dog who has the capability of causing harm.
The author teaches and uses the CAT or Constructional Aggression Treatment. I appreciate the caring and patience of this author and offering her advice to those of us who would want to help with rescues. If this is your interest, or if you have an aggressive dog, then please get this book and read it through to the end.
A personal notation, this book helped me with the grief I have felt when one of my rescues could not be saved. If love, care, and obedience training could have helped my Sadie, then she would still be with me. But as a rescue from a horribly abused situation, she was too broken to allow herself to trust fully and be retrained. It was heartbreaking.
I am so glad this book is available for dog lovers and those who want to make a difference.


In Loving Memory of  Little Sadie...


Comments