I was so excited to read this book! The Birds at My Table by Darryl Jones

Thank you to NetGalley and the Publisher for allowing me to read and review this book.
The Birds at My Table by Darryl Jones is filled with information the author has gathered about why people enjoy to feed and watch the birds that come to their backyard feeders. His research spans the globe and I especially enjoyed reading of his visits at the Cornell Lab of Ornithology. I participate in the project FeederWatch and so I could hardly wait to read this book!
There is very interesting history on the preparing and marketing of various bird seeds and feeds, including the large and smaller sunflower seeds. After reading this book I will be more careful and selective of the bird feed I purchase and disburse among my more than twenty feeders.
The questions which face many regions concerning the year-round feeding of native birds, is relevant no matter where you live.  There are questions about how feeding year round will affect migratory birds and their natural instinct to follow the normal flight paths between seasons. This always concerned me in the case of hummingbirds.
I appreciate the scope of research and the vast amount of information which is made available to backyard birders in this book. Grab a copy and enjoy learning more about how our actions and feeding patterns affect the lives of our common regional birds.



Personal Art-Diane Lochala
All Rights Reserved











Comments