The Wife Between Us, by authors Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen

Thank you to NetGalley and the Publisher for allowing me to read and review this book!
The Wife Between Us, by authors Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen is a suspenseful and psychological thriller about a marriage gone wrong. I enjoy this type of thriller when you really think you have it figured out, and then TWIST, there is a different view to consider! It is a very good book, and is an engrossing psychological suspense tale which interweaves two women and one man. The problem with the relationship is obsessive control, and at the end of the story you may wonder who really had the most power to control the marriage. Have I got you hooked yet? Some of the storylines may be a bit perplexing. Just keep reading.
There are some things about the story which I felt were unclear after I had read the book. I found myself rereading chapters and scenes in the book just to make sure I had read it correctly. I don’t want to post spoilers, but Nellie/Vanessa does seem to have some emotional insecurities which would make her very susceptible to deceit and abuse.
I suppose my question is this: If Vanessa felt so hurt by Richards divorce, then why did she scheme to ensure there is a ‘replacement’?  Ok, now you really want to read the book, right?!

Comments