The Edge of Tidal Pools by author Michele Phoenix broke my heart BUT Please Read this Story!


The Edge of Tidal Pools by author Michele Phoenix broke my heart. Yes, I am glad I read this book!

In the beginning, we read of Casey who has become reclusive and almost dysfunctional for her daily life due to some type of traumatic experience. She lives with her sister and her family which has enabled Casey to hide from the world.

I don’t want to post spoilers because this will affect how you bond to the character of Casey and learning of this secret wound in her heart and soul. But, Casey has an opportunity to go and stay at the empty and abandoned home of a friend on a small island off the coast of France, Ile de Batz. The locals there are horribly rude and do not want Americans or outsiders on their little island. As Casey tried to find her courage to challenge the cold treatment of these island people, she learns more about herself. She discovers that grief must be faced and life must go forward.

I am so glad I read it and I feel people of faith who deal with missions in their church or community, should read this book. I am so glad another writer has addressed the stress, toil and troubles of missionary families while serving others. This can also apply to the children of pastors within a community. I know from experience that if a pastor or missionary truly are called and make their ministry the priority of their life, the children will be affected and often with little compassion from the congregations.  This story was very well written!

Comments