Modern Watercolor, Kristin Van Leuven...Easy, Fun, And Beautiful

Modern Watercolor by Kristin Van Leuven is a delightful and colorful instruction book which encouraged me to pick up some brushes, paints, and try the techniques! The information on the brush detail when selecting the correct brush for certain strokes or a technique was easy to understand. The instruction about the preference for paint tubes and the palette was very helpful. Learning about the watercolor paper, (paper or cotton) was simple to remember, so when I go shopping for supplies, I will know exactly what I need for the desired effect I want, textured or smooth.
I must commend the wonderful explanatory photos for all the variations of wet or dry as it applies to the paper and wet or dry as it applies to wetting the brush and loading the paint colors. The step-by-step photos throughout the whole book leave no doubts as to the techniques and the possibilities for the final image effect. In Modern Watercolor the author has the instructions and photos arranged to show the ease and fun of learning the principals of watercolor.

Comments