THE BREAKDOWN B. A.Paris .... Arriving July 18...Get Ready!


 THE BREAKDOWN


 
I got so excited after I opened the mailbox and see a package from St. Martins Press because I just KNOW something wonderful will be inside. Totally unexpected…and wonderful! An advance readers copy of The Breakdown by B. A. Paris! WhooHoo…my plans for the next few hours have changed! I gathered the green tea, fruit, chocolate, coffee, trail mix, comfy socks, favorite pillow and headed for my big leather chair.  But now that I have smacked you with readers envy, let’s get to the book!

The Breakdown does not disappoint the reader with the psychological thriller and suspense written into the story. I won’t post spoilers, but I knew before I opened the book to have myself prepared. The main character, Cass had been at a party with friends from work on a very rainy evening. It is the end of the school year and Cass has a few weeks of vacation to enjoy before the next teaching session resumes. As she is leaving her husband Matthew calls and tells her he has a migraine and is going to bed. He adamantly warns her not to take the shortcut through the woods home during the storm. He is worried for her safety and she promises to avoid the wooded secluded road.  As the storm and traffic on the highway increases Cass impulsively take the shortcut home. It is getting dark, the rain is pounding and the rural road is deserted except for …up ahead she sees a car pulled over to the side.

This begins a regrettable and emotionally tortuous event in her life. Psychological suspense, worry, and some bad choices plague Cass during her weeks when she should have been enjoying her life. She has a secret she has not shared with Matthew about herself before they were married.  When she wakes up the day after her stormy drive through Blackwater Lane, she discovers a shocking horror and decides to keep another secret.

As I read the story I personally felt so badly for Cass as she faces the possibility she may be losing her memory. As a reader I felt she made some poor decisions due to her secrets and fears.  This is another ‘must read’ book by author B. A. Paris and once you start reading…you will not want to stop until the end!! Mark your calendar for July 18th !

Comments