Patricia MacDonald The Girl in the Woods Suspenseful, Mysterious, and Dangerous!


The Girl in the Woods by author Patricia MacDonald was very good for several reasons. I enjoyed the book not only for the psychological suspense but also for the questions it brought to my mind about the whole plot of the story. It reveals the challenges of Blair returning home where she had grown up in a less than ideal family situation. Blair has to face the grief of losing her only sister, Celeste, as she is dying from cancer. Celeste whispers her last words to Blair, a confession which indicates an innocent man has been in prison for years because of her testimony in the trial of Adrian Jones! Blair is shocked because Adrian Jones was convicted fifteen years ago in the death of Blair's best friend Molly.
Read along as Blair tries to right a wrong which was done to an innocent man by her sister. It is not easy to get those in authority to listen, believe, and become involved in freeing an innocent man in the death of a young girl. The story made me think, what would I have done in this situation? Yes, I would want to tell the truth to try and gain this mans freedom, but how far would I go to make sure the justice system took notice? Could she really believe the deathbed confession, or maybe Celeste really loved Adrian Jones and was trying to stir up a reason for him to be freed from prison? If this confession is true, then who killed Molly?
I enjoyed this book and once I started reading I could not stop until the end!
Thank you to NetGalley and the Publisher for the opportunity to read and review this book.
______________________________
Art Images and Photographs by Diane Lochala-All Rights Reserved
"The Old Ivey house"

Comments