Sharon Prentice, Ph.D Becoming Starlight A Shared Death Experience Journey of Faith


Becoming Starlight by author Sharon Prentice, Ph.D., is the story and a wonderful explanation of the spiritual experience of a Shared Death Experience. I can hardly believe this is the authors first published book. It is very well written with a feeling of honesty and a depth of knowledge regarding her faith. Sharon's world and faith were shattered by an event which crushed her spirit. Later, her husband became ill and suffered through misdiagnosis for his condition. Once I started reading this book, I could not stop. There are so many rich nuggets of shared truths about accepting God and his love. No, it is not a "preachy' book, but if you have ever asked questions such as "Is God really out there?" or Does God really care about me?" then I think you will find the authors gentle guidance a breath of fresh air.
As I read about the SDE as her spirit joined her husband as he was dying, I could not help by shed tears.  I could only imagine the wonder of such a magnificent feeling and the wondrous glimpse of beauty beyond the scope of our earthly lives. The author explains she did not understand what was happening but knew immediately she had been allowed to experience a spiritual awakening which would turn her life around.
Just his week my mom who is in Hospice care and has limited time left, told me she had seen the face of her brother that morning. She told me he looked into her eyes and then was gone. I nearly broke down because I could not tell her that at that same time her only brother had been taken off life support. She did not know he had a heart attack and never recovered. They live 300 miles apart. Was that an SDE? I don't know, but I do believe the spirit of a soul has an energy of its own. God allows unusual experiences at times in order to encourage people, I think. I will be purchasing this book for my sisters this year.
Publication Date: May 8, 2018

_________________________________

Art Images and Photographs by Diane Lochala-All Rights Reserved

"My Beautiful Dreamer"

Comments