Kate Morton The Clockmaker's Daughter Ancestry and Mystery


The Clockmaker's Daughter by Kate Morton is different from all the other Kate Morton books I have read. I have enjoyed her previous books and was excited to read The Clockmaker's Daughter. The story moves very slowly. There are several different time periods and external stories linked to Elodie,  the archivists' search for the woman in the picture and the drawing of the house.  At times I was just confused and I wanted to ask, "Where is this going?"  Case in point: Ada, the child left in a boarding school who is bullied and drowns??? This whole side story is only referred to once later in the book.
I am so sorry to not post a glowingly positive review, but I was bored, although I kept reading hoping for something that would be a turning point. The characters were not interesting and there was no real suspense but an ancestral/historical mystery.
Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for the opportunity to read and review this book.

____________________________________
Art Images or Photographs by Diane Lochala

"The ClockTower"

Comments