Lori Roy The Disappearing Suspense and Mystery!


The Disappearing by author Lori Roy is a suspense mystery set in Florida. The story is good and it will leave you feeling emotional for this family. Lane Fielding has two daughters and she has come back home to live with her aging parents on their large Florida estate. Her father seems to have dementia, and her mother is trying to get through each day as best as she can. Lane's oldest daughter does not return home one evening. So begins a huge media storm of speculation and a new investigation into the disappearance of Annalee.
I have liked previous books by this author, but this one is written a bit differently and I did not enjoy the way the characters were written, or maybe the timeline. I found I needed to go back and reread parts to make sure I had not misunderstood the character and the time era, whether present or past. This is in part due to one of the characters who is thinking a lot of random thoughts, some of which could have a lot of importance to what has happened in the past at the boy's school and the present. Some of the characters thoughts are repeated, and I'm sorry, but I find that tiresome when I am wanting to really get into the plot of a good suspense. I suppose I am disappointed because the book has so many elements for a successful plot.
Thank you to NetGalley and the Publisher for the opportunity to read and review this book.
______________________
Art Images and Photographs by Diane Lochala-All Rights Reserved
"Unsettled & Unanswered"

Comments