William Klaber and Philip H. Melanson Shadow Play: The Murder of Robert F. Kennedy, the Trial of Sirhan Sirhan & the Failure of American Justice


Shadow Play: The Murder of Robert F. Kennedy, the Trial of Sirhan Sirhan & the Failure of American Justice by authors William Klaber and Philip H. Melanson will leave the reader wondering many things about this event from a past era in US history. Nothing is ever as simple as it may seem, and this was no open and shut clear case of the man with the gun being the only guilty party.
In this book, the authors go behind the scenes and gather information which has been made available in a different political and media era. The more I read this book, the angrier I felt at our justice system and the few who control what they think the American Public wants to know or hear. It seems those with political power and money have again been able to shape the news to conform to their own private purposes. How do large pieces of evidence just go missing from the evidence holding rooms, and years later those missing items are cited as evidence for a theory in a new document? Because someone with money and power wanted to change the facts of the case.
My review should be about the content of the book, I know. But the authors have been very successful in raising doubts as to our perceived reality of what really happened, and to bring forward information the police, investigators, lawyers, and judges wanted to control.
I am glad I read the book and I have many questions which I know may never be answered.
I can remember when both Kennedy brothers were killed and the aftermath of anxiety and the disturbance people seem to feel. When President John F. Kennedy was assassinated our school principal called all the students to the auditorium to pray for the family of the slain President and for our country. Later I remember watching on my aunts Black & White TV speeches Bobby Kennedy gave during the campaign. And when he was killed, my aunt called me in to watch the news coverage, over and over as she cried. When I asked her why she was crying so hard for someone she had never met, she hugged me and said, "I care because he was a human being trying to do good, he was some mother's child, and some woman's husband, it is very sad, because you never know what that person could have done for this country."
Thank you, NetGalley and the publisher for the opportunity to read and review this book.
____________________________________
Art Images and Photographs by Diane Lochala-All Rights Reserved
"ShadowLawn, Columbus, MS"

Comments

  1. Thank you for this review, I have been on the look out for a good political history title. This may fit the bill. I just finished a great political fiction piece by Tom Corbett. It's called Palpable Passions, really can't say enough about it. He highlights very important world issues (we are still facing to this day) but weaves them into a very well-paced, well-told story line. Highly recommend picking this one up. I found it here, www.thomascorbettauthor.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sally, I appreciate you reading and commenting on my review. Thank you for the reference to Palpable Passions by author Tom Corbett. I will check on that one! Best Wishes, Diane

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

You may leave a comment: