Surviving and Thriving with an Invisible Chronic Illness: How to Stay Sane and Live One Step Ahead of Your Symptoms by Author Ilana Jacqueline



Surviving and Thriving with an Invisible Chronic Illness: How to Stay Sane and Live One Step Ahead of Your Symptoms by Author Ilana Jacqueline is a well-written book for support and learning to cope with a chronic illness. It is written to encourage the reader to be proactive about learning all they can about the illness and symptoms. When I say "illness and symptoms", that is exactly what the author is writing about because you can be ill for years without receiving a correct diagnosis of your illness. The author also explains how disappointing it can be to finally get a diagnosis, but then there may not be a clear path to resolving the illness and symptoms.
As a personal experience with having three different autoimmune illnesses and all the varying symptoms which tag along with each one, I can verify what the author is relating. It took over six years for my diagnosis of the major illnesses.
This author has helped put into perspective the choices a person with a chronic illness can make to help deal with the inconveniences and daily aggravations. My rheumatologist told me I would find the handicap license for my car to be of great help as I aged with my illnesses. I would have debilitating flares even though you would never know of the pain and stiffness of my joints which would cause falling because I looked perfectly healthy!
Thank you, Ilana Jacqueline, for your insight and sharing information to encourage people to stay ahead of the many pitfalls of living with conditions which will not go away. Even if your friends or family do not fully understand or if they doubt your pain and discomfort, the author has tips for this too! The emotional consequences of invisible illness can be devastating, so learn all you can and find the peace you need for each day.

Art Photography - Diane Lochala

Comments